This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of personal data collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or processed in the context of our establishment in the EEA (“Personal Data”).
MV2 Group [(and its affiliated companies)] acknowledges that the protection of personal data is one of our most significant legal obligations.
This Privacy Notice sets out what Personal Data we collect, how we collect it, how we use it, and your rights in connection with how we process your Personal Data. We are committed to protecting your Personal Data in accordance with our duties under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
MV2 Group is a leading specialist data-collection agency, providing international telephone, Face-to-Face and online market research globally from offices in the US, Europe, Asia, and Africa. We work for many of the world’s leading business organisations and market research agencies, providing data which helps inform clients’ business strategy and focus in developing and improving products and services for their customers.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us and that we collect. We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of your personal information.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
MV2 Group have appointed a Data Protection Officer at Group level to oversee compliance.
The Data Protection Officer, Christine Vigneau, is responsible for ensuring that this policy is made available to individuals prior to MV2 Group or its affiliates collecting and processing personal information.
All employees of MV2 Group who interact with individuals are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the individuals’ attention.
If you have any queries about this policy or your personal information, the Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
100 Avenue Aristide Briand
2- DATA COLLECTION PURPOSE
Through this website and in the telephone and online research we conduct, MV2 Group may collect information that can specifically identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address when you voluntarily submit it to us.
- We may collect your contact information such as full name, company name, email address, postal address and telephone number when you email or call us with an enquiry or an application for work
- We may be passed information, lawfully collected by our clients, who want us to ask you whether you would like to participate in market research. This information may include your full name, job title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and may also include information about your area of specialization, etc.
- We may also collect your details from publicly available sources or purchase lists from suppliers operating within data protection regulations
- When we conduct market research we may collect additional information from you, only ever with your consent. You will be provided with the full details of the information we wish to collect at the time we ask for your consent
The personal information we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Conducting market research surveys. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail and will always ask for your consent to do so.
- Payment of incentives
- To verify the responses you provided us with, in a recent market research study
- Dealing with enquiries and requests about our services submitted to us via email or phone
- Internal record keeping
- To help enhance and improve our services
- To respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law
- To respond to requests you may make of us, including to provide services that you have requested and participate in activities that you have joined
- To contact you and/or provide you with general information as well as information about our services from time to time using the contact information which you have provided
Our legal basis for processing of your personal information is:
- Where you have given consent for the processing of data for a specific purpose
- Processing is necessary to meet contractual obligations entered into by you
The legitimate interests pursued by us are as follows:
- In response to an enquiry from you about our good and services
- For the purpose of promoting our goods and service via direct marketing which are applicable to you in your role. We will always confirm how your personal information was obtained and always offer an opt-out of marketing communications
- Enquiring about your goods and services which are applicable to our company or our clients
- We will always confirm how your personal information was obtained and always offer an opt-out of marketing communications
3- PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal or transactional information stored on our website and systems. For more information on how we protect your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (contact details at the top of the page).
We believe in being open, honest and transparent with our clients and suppliers and want you to feel comfortable about your decision to give us your personal information and how we use it.
We only conduct market research, and your participation in our research studies will never result in a sales or marketing follow up from ourselves, our clients, or any third party. Please be assured that we will take appropriate measures to keep your personal information safe and secure and we promise not to over contact.
We will never pass your personal information on to other organisations for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
However, we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To third parties who provide a service to us such as market research fieldwork agencies, email services providers or data processors. We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we make sure that appropriate controls are in place. We enter into contracts with all our third parties and regularly monitor their activities to ensure they are complying with our policies and procedures
- To third party client companies. We will have strict agreements with these companies to limit what they can do with the data we give them. We will always ask for your consent before passing on your personal information in this way
- Where we are under duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with the law or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your written consent
If you would like a list of the third parties that we use please contact our Data Protection Officer (contact details at the top of the page).
6- CALL RECORDINGS
We record calls made to and from our office for quality control and validation purposes. This is a very important tool as it enables us to check that calls made by our teams are conducted in accordance with briefing & quality guidelines and the relevant codes of conduct. It also enables us to ensure all information captured is full and complete.
We will always ask for your consent to call recording at the start of any interview to confirm that you are happy for the call to be recorded.
All recordings are stored securely and are held for a maximum of 3 years.
7- DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
We keep your information as long as it is needed to achieve our purposes listed above, as well as for the amount of time necessary to meet any legal, tax, or reporting requirements.
We do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary and up to 1 month period after your last interaction with us. We may keep your data for longer than 1 month if we cannot delete it for legal or technical reasons.
We work with, and collect data on behalf of, clients both within and outside the EEA so the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Access to your personal data is granted only to those employees who require it in order to perform their duties. Unfortunately, the transmission of information across the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data by using technical measures like encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and therefore any transmission is at your own risk. Your use of our services demonstrates your acceptance of this risk.
8- INCENTIVE DISBURSEMENTS
On certain market research studies, we offer an incentive for participation. These are typically processed once the project has been completed. Incentives are administered by MV2 Group staff. In order to administer the incentives we may need to collect your email address in order to process the payment (e.g. in the form of an Amazon voucher, or PayPal payment, or Bank checks). All incentives are processed in-house or by our clients who have contracted us for the research study you’ve participated in.
9- YOUR RIGHTS
MV2 Group tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
If you have any concerns, enquiries or wish to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact our appointed group level Data Protection Officer:
100 Avenue Aristide Briand
We will always try to address any complaints or queries that you may have about the treatment of your personal data. If, however, you have reason to believe that we have not handled your complaint fairly, or are not satisfied with our response, then you can elect to lodge a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Supervisory Authority or with the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
You have the following rights regarding your Personal Data that we hold:
(a) Right of access:
You can request details of your Personal Data that we hold. We will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and we will disclose supplementary information including the categories of data, the sources from which it originated, the purpose and legal basis for the processing, the expected retention period, and the safeguards regarding data transfers to non-EEA countries, subject to the limitations set out in applicable laws and regulations. We will provide you free of charge with a copy of your Personal Data, but we may charge you a fee to cover our administrative costs if you request further copies of the same information.
(b) Right of correction:
We will comply with your request to correct incomplete or inaccurate parts of your Personal Data, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide us.
(c) Right to be forgotten:
At your request, we will delete your Personal Data promptly if:
- It is no longer necessary to retain your Personal Data;
- You withdraw the consent which formed the basis of your Personal Data processing;
- You object to the processing of your Personal Data and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for such processing;
- The Personal Data was processed illegally; or
- The Personal Data must be deleted for us to comply with our legal obligations.
11- DO NOT CALL LIST
If you ask to be added to our ‘do not contact list’ so you are not contacted by us again in future, we will need to retain your telephone number (but no other information) to ensure it can be properly suppressed from future contact lists we may obtain.